We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 18.... and look what I did!

So this is my life.  We are on day 18 of the LOA wait.  So far so good, the wait hasn't been to bad.  I've passed the time working a second job, teaching at Drexel, and looking for travel options while we are in China...  

Then yesterday I was walking outside to go mow our lawn (which happens to be one of my favorite things to do), and I mis-stepped as I left the porch and "rolled" both my ankles.  HOLY HELL IT HURT.


I called Papa Bear at work and he told me to call 911.  I had fallen, and I couldn't get up (which happened to be what the police officer said when he arrived to wait with me for the ambulance)... when he said it I started to cry.

Ambulance came, along with my sister and mom to take me to the hospital.

Praise God there were no breaks.  But I stretched a tendon or two and sprained both ankles something fierce.  It really sucks, but looking on the bright side it's something else to take my mind off the LOA wait...

Hell I'll take what I can get!  My son (aka Warrior Bear) has been superman.  He has been the best caregiver a person could ask for, and my husband (aka Papa Bear) has been so sweet and compassionate, though I think deep down he wants to laugh out loud at the thought of me falling... I'm sure it would have been funny to see.

So that's the latest.  Maybe all this will be payment for a quick LOA.  I had a dream last night that our case worker called to tell me he had it already... it was kind of an awesome dream.


No comments: