We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

LID

Oh yeah, we got LID... to be honest this step means very little.  Our paperwork arrived by international carrier pigeon in China on April 17th and was signed for by some mysterious person who goes by the name Mao.  Then it got thrown on a pile on the floor in a corner and was left there until today.  May 2nd, also know as my "wink-a-versary" (more on that later).


Someone sweeping the floor found our very expensive folder of authenticated, notarized, baptized, paperwork, picked it up and logged it into the system... hence the name LID or Log-in-date.  Then it was quickly thrown on another pile, on another floor, in another office, where it will wait to be found again and translated... From there it's too hard to explain at this time.

So we are officially Logged-in... Now we wait for LOA....  The LOA (letter of acceptance) wait can take anywhere from 60-120 days.  Are you kidding me?  Nope dead serious this is how they roll in the giant red nation.  So basically we can get it anywhere from July 2nd-September 2nd... HOLY CRAP.

I am hoping I end up on the desk of the new guy who is trying to prove himself by busting ass and taking names... then who knows I might have our LOA in 45 days.  A girl can dream...

Anyways, on too more important things (really, like anything is more important).  Today is my "wink-a-versary".  Three years ago today, I went on Match.com and "winked" at this hot older single dad, who had the funniest profile I have ever seen.  He winked back.  I married the lucky git.


Oh yeah we are really that hot!!!  Best emoji I ever typed!

No comments: