We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Somewhere over the Pacific...


That is where our adoption paperwork is... all the originals are flying express to Beijing.  WACAP called last night to let me know the paperwork went out and should arrive in China no later than Tuesday (though they assume it will be Monday).  I thought it was nice of them to call me, but not really necessary.  They told me the same thing they told me the day before when we got PA.  Nice to know they are on top of things though.

So now the wait really begins.  LID can take a few days to a few weeks.  We probably won't know anything until May at least.  By then we will be well into the LOA wait.  Once we have LOA we should be in China within 10 weeks.  So LOA is the big wait.

I have to admit the wait is hard, but let's be honest, it could be a lot longer.  Families adopting from countries like India, Thailand, Korea, Russia, and Ethiopia, are waiting anywhere from 8-30 MONTHS for LOA.  We will most likely have our LOA from China by end of July early August at the very latest.  As much as I want to bring Panda Bear home, I feel blessed that we have this opportunity, and I'm not going to fret or freak because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that everything happens in it's perfect time.

This time was has always been know by God.  He knew before I was born the date and time that I would meet my son, and no matter how much I try to mess with the timeline, it won't matter because it is all perfect in his eyes.  We won't meet Jack a single second before or after we were meant to.

So here comes the wait... I'll let ya know when I hear something.

No comments: