We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Home-studies and Biblical Names

So last night we had our first Home-study visit.  It was actually two home-study visits at once.  Steve was interviewed in the office and I was interviewed in the kitchen.  We were afraid they would tell us the room we have for the boys is too small (but they didn't), we were afraid they would freak because I went nuts and ripped up the carpet (so all we have is subfloors) but they didn't.

It was smooth as butter.  All the questions were similar to the ones I answered for Isaac 4 years ago.  The kids have their HS visit next week on Wednesday.  Sam, Greta, and Isaac will be questioned about the adoption and their feelings about it.

All our paperwork has been turned in and our final HS appointment will be December 7th.  We should have our completed HS by Christmas and we will be sending off for USCIS the first week in January.  So far we are right on track for a DTC date of April 8th.

And now I would like to take a moment and introduce you all to the boy we hope to lock on my 30th birthday.

His name is Wei (which means Guardian).  He's almost 11 years old.  He's in the 4th grade and is crazy smart in math and science. He has a wicked looking spine (see two posts below).  He's Isaac's Chinese twin in just about every-way.  He's only 46 inches tall and 44 lbs (TINY).

He has been waiting to be adopted for 10 years.  No one has wanted him and I'll be honest that is FINE with me... because he's ours.  He was designed by God to be our son, Isaac's twin, and the missing piece in our family.  We can't legally lock his file till my 30th birthday, but our agency is confident that no one will jump to adopt him since he is nothing more than a number on a list with a severe need.

We are toying with the name Ezra, Abel, or Seth Wei.  (I like them all... I think they complement Isaac)!!!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Great news on the home visit. Will you be receiving updates on Wei, even if you it's not official? Is he aware of you? I hope the next few months speed by for all of you.

Jocelyn said...

We just received a medical update with photos and answers to a bunch of our questions. We are going to ask for another update in Feb/March 2012 right before we go for LOI/PA.

He does know that a family is interested so they said he is excited. We can't wait to send him a care package. We would like to include a "you got a family" cake since we will have missed his birthday which is in Feb.

Chris said...

Oh my! the spine makes me cry! An no, not many people will see past the SN. Part of me would have liked to adopt another older boy...but not yet...I will make no bones about it...it's not easy...not impossible, but not easy...but you might already know that. Did you adopt older before?