The leaves are blown, the wood is stacked, the porch has been swept, the bathrooms are scrubbed, the floors are vacuumed, and I do believe we are ready for our first 2 home-study visits.
China requires 4 HS visits. Today our social worker (we'll call her "J") is coming and busting out two at once. One with me and then one with Steve. We spent all day yesterday cleaning, organizing, and doing yard work to make the house look somewhat presentable.
My shoulders hurt and I feel sick today. Go figure. But I have collected ALL my paperwork (except a missing marriage certificate, Long story). So she should be ready to rock this Home-Study out.
We hope to have the entire things done by Christmas, so that we can send out our paperwork to USCIS the first week in January.
I will be posting a photo of the boy we hope to call son very soon.
I had to make this blog private because our son Isaac's birth family was given our private information from a staff member of our old adoption agency. His family has been calling us (to the point of stalking) and they use this blog to keep up with our family.
This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. Isaac has become very uncomfortable. He has gone so far as to tell his Birth mother not to call anymore. But she keeps calling at all hours of the night and day.
So this blog is now private. It allows me to post things I don't want the "whole" world to know and it allows us to protect our son. If you know someone who wants access please have them email me and introduce themselves. I like to know who is reading about our family.
So thanks and bear with me! I'll let you all know how the HS went later this week.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment