So the month of July has been interesting to say the least. When last I left you, Isaac couldn't swim. The lap pool had defeated him and confined his 11 years to the baby pool. But in typical Isaac fashion he not only learned to swim in the last three weeks, he also learned to swim against the current, tread water, and go down water slides!
All it took was a good looking, blonde swim coach named Kelsi (Isaac thinks she's a babe) and he had the motivation he needed to show off in the pool and take back the power. So now we find ourselves...
Isaac 3, Disability 1
Take that special needs. In the words of someone much smarter than me... "Suck it!"
Also this week we mailed our adoption application to our agency. We are officially in the "China Program". I never really thought I would find myself in another adoption program waiting on yet another child, yet here I am or should I say "we" are.
The agency is trying to get us an update on Drago's measurements and status. Last we heard at the age of six he is a measly 33 pounds and 33 inches tall! My dog is taller than that. If you do the math that is about the size of a very healthy 3 year old! His spinal condition doesn't allow him to grow like a normal child (exactly like Isaac USE to be). I'm not worried. If there is one thing America will always come through on, it's our ability to fatten him up when he gets here.
My husband said something yesterday that made me laugh out loud... though you may be deeply offended when you read it... so if you offend easily and can't see the humor stop reading!
He said, "you have a soft spot for expensive, disabled, midgets." My reply, "yup it would seem so!".
Last but not least we head to Haiti for the last time in a week. Charity, Isaac, and I will be going down to hand out birthing kits, sport balls, and toys to children. We are also bringing a butt load of medical supplies (as usual) to hand out in the tent cities. We are hoping to find ourselves in the mountains again this trip and maybe chill by the ocean for a day. I would really like to see the nice side of Haiti for once. It's not all Port Au Prince!
So that is the latest. I'll post again when I get back from Haiti or get and update on Drago, which ever comes first!
1 comment:
Laughing at your husband's words! My younger brother and sister and I were all adopted, and when we (especially my brother) would yell and scream at my mom, my dad used to tell her, "You did a great job picking out kids who hate you as much as biological ones would!" It sounds terribly offensive, but in its own weird way it's a testament to the love of a parent.
SOOO proud of your boy for learning to swim! I knew he could do it!
Post a Comment