
So I found out yesterday that there is a chance that China will not allow us to adopt little Drago Jack because we have not been married for 5 years. The Chinese rule state that if either adoptive parent have been divorced in the past than the couple must be married for 5 years before they are eligible to adopt from China.
Well that being said, I talked with our agency WACAP and they are going to appeal to the Chinese government for a waiver, which would allow us to go around this rule and adopt Drago.
Things we have on our side are...
A. Drago has been sitting in the orphanage for over 5 years now waiting for a family, he is beyond the age where most people would give him a second look. In fact, in the last 5 years, not a single family has ever asked for more information on him except for us.
B. He has some serious spinal, leg, and arm issues. So his needs are beyond what most people would care to take on. With Isaac we have become quite the experts on caring for kids like Drago, so he will fit right in.
I am hopeful that the Chinese government will acknowledge that we are the best chance this little guy has to finding a family and will let pass the fact that we have only been married for 7 months.
We also are finding out if the Chinese government will waive the $5000 orphanage donation they require when you adopt. For kids like Drago who have been waiting for so long they often waive this fee, which would put the cost of adopting much closer to reality!
So here goes. Please pray with me that the Chinese government is gracious with us and sees the heart of a family that is desperate to bring this amazing little guy home.
3 comments:
I hope it all works out. You are an amazingly perfect fit for him. Five years...poor guy.
Joselyn, I next went to your blog and got all the answers to my email questions! Wonderfully awesome. I pray the China adoption will be successful. God bless each of you.
Praying that everything works out!
Post a Comment