Happy New Year. 2011 went by fast (at least from the perspective of looking back it did). To be honest I don't remember most of it. I spent a great deal of the year driving back and forth to NY to work for a production company as their head editor. Then in September I was hired full time at Drexel University so I settled down (something I had been wanting to do since we moved into our new home in December 2010).
Since then we have been preparing and planning for the adoption of Jack. Yes that's the name we are going with for the time being... It was going to be Ezra, then Able, then Seth... we have gone back and forth not really knowing what will fit him the best. For now Jack is the only name we can agree on, so Jack it is (this will most likely change about 10 more times before we travel).
So far this year I have been editing a documentary about Chinese education and it's effects on the future of China for Drexel University, I also was up till 3 am last night (this is NOT normal for me) to get the rough cut done on my first corporate editing job. This job is crazy important because if I nail it, they will hire me again. I need 10 more corporate jobs to finish paying for Jack's adoption in cash... so far we have paid $8000 (which covers ALL the US fees), next we are trying to tackle the $7000 we need to bring with us in CASH to China (to cover all their fees), after that if we can swing it I will attempt to earn enough to pay for our travel (it would be awesome to travel to China adoption debt-free.
In April I'll be setting up a $1 adoption website like I did for Isaac's adoption... I'll post the details at a later date and would love if you all would help me out by spreading the word. All I need is 16,000 people to donate $1 each and we are solid ;)
On a final note, last week I drove to the State Department in Harrisburg, PA to have all our paper-work for our Dossier approved. Next step is taking it all to NY next Friday to drop it off at the Chinese consulate for Authentication.
We are also currently waiting for our letter from USCIS with the date of our fingerprinting in Philly so we can get our USCIS approval. Pray it comes soon. I would like to get those done in the next few weeks so we can stay on our April 8th schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment