So tomorrow morning we will head to the office of our home-study social worker and finalize our home-study. Today was what I like to call a flush your money day. We had money at mid-night last night then by noon today I had spent $2065. It all went to a great thing there is no doubt, but it is painful to part with that much money in so short a time in this economy.
The process for the rest of December will be as follows:
Home-study approved by WACAP (placing agency)
Home-study and USCIS application along with $890 will be sent to USCIS for US approval
USCIS takes between 45-90 days to approve. We are going to push for an expedited USCIS due to Wei's severe spinal condition. If they expedite we could have our USCIS in Feb. or it could be as late as the end of March (which would really be cutting it close to be DTC April 8th).
I also get to blow a day this month driving my documents to Harrisburg, PA to have them Authenticated. Then on January 7th, my sister and I are going blow another day to drive to NY to have the documents Authenticated AGAIN by the Chinese consulate. Driving up and delivering them myself will save me about $100 that I would have spent on a courier. So worth it to me. Then the following week I get to drive up again to pick up said documents. Time to put the milage on the car.
So that is where we find ourselves. We are going to ask for another update on Wei in February. So no new photos right now. But hopefully soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment