We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, October 22, 2010

This Blog is about to Change...

When I began this blog nearly four years it was to chronicle the adoption of our son Isaac from Liberia, West Africa. In those nearly four years, my life has changed so drastically. I became a mother, a wife, a university professor, a 250 year old farmhouse renovator, and an aid worker. I have had good days and bad days. Ups and downs. Yet I can say that through it all faith has brought me to this place. Two weeks ago I got married...

Al walking me down the aisle

I love this photo

My boys

I love this man

In less than two months Steve and I will close on our first home together. We are buying a 250 year old farmhouse outside Philadelphia, PA. We hope to one day turn the farm into a program called the "Never Never Project" for disabled children.

Steve and I are also pursuing the adoption of a little boy named Xian (pronounced Shen) in China. He is 5 years old and has the same spinal deformity as Isaac. We hope to have him home in 2012.


So as all things in my life, things are changing yet again. I have yet to figure out how to turn the "run" button off in my life, but for me that's okay. It's what keeps me going and doing what I love to do. So this blog is about to change. It will chronicle, my journey to becoming the best wife I can, it will follow the renovation of our home, and the adoption of our next son Xian...

I hope you'll all stay tuned...


11 comments:

Renate said...

Wow, you are a beautiful Bride. Did I have ESP or what! What a sweet little boy,he will have a wonderful life with you. Many Many Blessings.

MissHannah said...

Have followed your journey for years, not even sure how I found you, but I have prayed for you and thought of you on 10/10/10. So excited for this next chapter in your life.
May the Lord Jesus Christ fill your home with joy, love and hope.

Isaac and Xian are blessed little boys!

All 8 of Us said...

Congratulations!! What happy news...new job,new home, marriage and another adoption...WOW!!
Blessings,
kathi

Megan said...

Congratulations!! Have followed you for years too and it is amazing to see God working in your life. All the best to you and your beautiful family.

Karin Brackebusch said...

Congratulations Jocelyn! So fun to hear of the adventures in your life and follow Isaac's. I am Chester's mom, who was in the orphange with Isaac. Chester has fond memories of Isaac and will be thrilled to hear about how he's doing. Cool idea - your farmhouse. May God bless it! And may God richly bless your marriage.

Catherine said...

I've been following your blog for a few years... Congratulations!!! It's always nice to hear about the happy moments :) I'm looking forward to hearing future stories of adoption.

Wendy said...

Congratulations on all the wonderful bounty of your life!!!!!

Lazy D Ranch said...

I found you, Jocelyn! I must have lost you while moving from one computer to another. I have been thinking of you lately because we took a trip down to SoCal and thought how wonderful it would be to meet you in person and have our adopted sons hang out together.
Little did I know that your life has changed almost as drastically as mine has over the past couple of years.
How exciting to hear of all the great things God is doing in your life!
~Heather (Davis) Olsson
www.lazydranch8.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,
SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!! Congrats on your marriage and new adoption pursuit! And oh! that! house!!!!!! It looks heavenly!
Blessings on you and your sweet fam,
Jamie Z. :0)

Tina said...

Congratulations! You are a wonderful wife and mother...can't wait to follow along as you being the next chapter.

Lucy 'Splains said...

I can't wait! I am so happy for all that you are celebrating and looking forward to. I have been reading for some time now and I remember you writing about single mom woes. What a blessing to see that story come to an end (and a beginning!). I hope that sweet boy is home soon, and your Never Never Project sounds wonderful (I'm just imagining what it could be!).