We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Haiti and Happiness

So I must ask, are you allowed to be this happy???  In three days I will be boarding a plane for Redeeming Waters first trip to the third world.  We are traveling 100 miles outside the city that will take us roughly 12 hours to travel (because the roads only go so far!!!)  We are going to a place that not even the UN will travel too (because it's too hard to get there).  We are literally going to a place where no one else will go!

RWI is bring 10 water filtration systems, medical supplies, birthing kits, formula, diapers, soccer balls, and a whole lot of goodness that the people in that region are desperate for.  In the last month alone 4 tropical storms have pummeled Haiti leaving these people cut off from the outside world because of the flooding!  We can't wait to get in there.

My life has been so blessed since moving back to the east coast.  I still don't have a job, but I am trusting God to work this out soon.  Isaac starts the 2nd grade on Wednesday, and I am deeply in love with the man I'm going to marry.  It's funny how you spend so much time searching, hoping, praying, and then God sends you the one you were looking for and all the time you spent looking seems to just fade away into the nothingness.  

Isaac giving crazy eyes!!!
Steve took this of me
My little Sammy David Jr...

One of the men in my life...

Both of my men... We make one beautiful family...
Too early in the morning for pictures....
Isaac was wearing ear plugs... not sure why...
Do a little dance...
Huh, me???

3 comments:

S.L.P said...

Have a safe trip! Congratulations on getting settled and finding a wonderful significant other:o)

Mandy said...

Cannot wait to hear about your trip to Haiti and see lots of pictures!! :)

Unknown said...

man hes a little cutie!