We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How did I get here!?!

So much can happen in a year or two. Two years and 5 days ago I sent an application out that would forever change my life. Since that day so much has happened. My beautiful amazing son has come home to me, started school, had surgery, lost his ability to walk, lived at the hospital, learned to walk again (with braces), & started 1st grade.

In my life, I've had success in my career, moved into a great new apartment and brought home a beautiful puppy.

If you had told me I would have experienced all this in two years and 5 days I would have laughed right in your face. (Mean I know!) To say that life has been a roller coaster would be the understatement of the year! I have learned that life comes at you fast. You can hold on and enjoy the ride (lows & highs) or you can let go and disappear into the vast emptiness.

I received an email today from Africa that brought me to tears. It brought answers to the many questions that I have been asking for 2 years regarding Isaac's medical past. It also had a very recent photo of Isaac's birth mom! When I saw her smiling face, it placed my heart and mind at ease! I have feared that she was in Liberia regretting her decision to give Isaac up for adoption. I fear that she lived with an overwhelming sadness, because I think that's what I would do. But this woman is the definition of strength & love! I can see Isaac's sweetness & kindness in her face. He looks so much like her.

The last 12 months have had such emotional highs and the lows have been the lowest of my life. And yet somehow God brought me through the clouds to a place where I could see him clearly again.

So I find myself thinking about the last 2 years, the decisions I made and how they have effected my life. And I have to ask, "How did I get here?" However it happened, thank you Lord Jesus I did!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you found someone to share your life and little man with. God can move mountains to put us just where He wants us to be!!
HUGS

Bethany said...

How exciting! Thanks for the reminder that a lot can happen in just a few years, I needed that.

Sintari said...

YAY!!!! You do have quite a life, don't you? How amazing.
I'm so happy to see that picture of Isaac's mom. I'm jealous. :) How so very cool.

Cindy said...

Wonderful News, all around! What a blessing you are to Isaac--but yes, he is a bigger blessing to you--I know. I have two children I adopted from India and I love them so much.

Congratulations! you deserve happiness..

Tricia said...

I love following your life Jocelyn. I love your blog so much that I gave it an award. You can receive it at
http://thejoysofmommy.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Only an amazing man, who is kind, compassionate and unselfish would be worthy of you! I am glad you found him. I am so happy for you and Isaac! God bless you all!

Donna Barber said...

one word- AWESOME!!