We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Homestudy Away!!!

So my homestudy packet came in the mail last night from Angel Haven Outreach, in Santa Clarita, CA. Now for those of you that are new to adoption, the homestudy is when an agency comes into your home with a social worker, and looks at every aspect of your life, from your finances and health, to your home and parenting abilities. They are even making my roommate Dan get fingerprinted as well as get a medical (he loves this ;)

So I got the packet of paperwork and after a nice long workout while watching “Grey’s Anatomy” (don’t you just love McDreamy), I sat down and began to fill out paperwork. Between last night, and the monster traffic jam on the 405 this morning, I was able to get all my paperwork filled out.

I’ll be mailing it off tomorrow morning Saturday Feb. 24, 2007.

All I have left to do is get a medical, get fingerprinted, and do my taxes and my homestudy paperwork will be complete.

Once all that is done, a social worker will come to my home 4 times to talk with me and look around, and then he will write up a report. The report will be submitted to the US Government for final approval. Once all this happens I will submit my I-600A which will begin to work on Isaac US Visa.

Once the Homestudy and I-600A are approved, they will then be given to my adoption agency, and they will submit them to the Liberian Government for approval, once approved, my agency will attend court in Liberia on behalf of Isaac to prove he is orphaned, and on that day the adoption process will be complete in both the US and Liberia. Then all we have left to wait on his Isaac’s Liberian passport, and I can go and get him, or have him escorted home to California.

Seems simple enough, but the wait is the hard part. So just a little update, I hope it enlightened you ;)…Now I’ve officially dove in the deep end.

2 comments:

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
said...

You are a beautiful person Jocelyn for following your heart. I am happy to know you.