We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, December 17, 2012

A Month and a Half


Holy COW!  I am officially one of those women (you know who you are) who blog like crazy leading up to the adoption, then blog like a nut case while in a foreign country meeting this new little creature that is to become said Bloggers child, then falls off the face of the planet the minute the plane lands.



I am that person.  Give me my crown, I am their queen.  Crap life has been insane.  Good insane, NO, Great Insane.  I am on cloud nine day in and day out.  How did I get so damn lucky.  Sexy husband, amazing first "born" who is my very soul, and the sweetest, kindest, dear-hearted darling for my baby. He is my heart!  Drexel is amazing (best place on earth to work) and random freelance TV editing to fill in the lull.

A few quick updates.


Sandy Kicked our Ass.  Trees down everywhere!


Good Friend came to see us from Haiti... 



My dear friend had her beautiful baby


Otherwise here is the run down.  Jackie boy has more medical needs than we ever thought possible.  That being said he is one of the smartest kids I have ever known.  I know parents are suppose to say this, but let's be real, if my kid was say "dumb as door nail", there would probably be a blog post about it.   But no Jackie boy's needs are all medical so they are all fixable or treatable.


We were being seen by Ortho, Neuro, Cardio, Pulmonary, and Urology.  We have been cleared by Cardio and will be cleared by Neuro in the next few weeks.  Urology and Ortho will be our life long fights, but this kid is strong, like crazy ass, silent warrior strong.


In fact just a few hours ago he was moved from the ICU at CHOP down to the regular floor to wait out the rest of his recovery from his first surgery.  For a neuro surgery this never happens, they spend all their time in ICU then go home, but not my boy, moved to a normal floor because he was kicking butt!  He went under the knife for the first time yesterday afternoon and is fighting the pain like a seasoned champ.



This was the first of let's say 10-12 surgeries over the next 3 years.  Seeing how he has handled this one, I don't fear the rest.  He will come out on the other side stronger than when he went in.
As for my soul, he is doing amazing.  He has had a lot of issues with his right foot lately, but he is doing well.  He started the wrestling season with a record of 2-2 at his first tournament of the year.  Considering that last year he only won 3 matches total, we are off to one hell of a start.



5 DAYS LATER

Like all lazy bloggers it has taken me a week to finish this post.  We are home and Jack is already back in school.  His back is healing up perfectly and he is of course back to his chipper self.  He will be back under the knife on January 31st for his big spinal surgery with Dr. Sankar.  

It has been such a sad couple of days in our country.  As a parent, I can not begin to speak about what happened in CT. There are no words and honestly I have very few opinions on how to make sure this never happens again.  Honestly I don't think you can.  I can only pray for the families of those that lost a loved one on Friday.



I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.  Keep your family close and make sure you tell those you love, how much you love them, because none of us are promised a tomorrow.

 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for blogging! I love hearing about your life and the boys! Have a Merry Christmas!

Chris said...

Finally found your blog again. Changed computers and lost some stuff. Is Jack the friend in PA that AnLiang is going to Skype with? I hope it isn't Joe...he forgot so much Chinese. I'm glad to see ya'll have one surgery down, we won't talk about the others.

B said...

I hope all went well on the 31st. I check in often to see if there is anything new...