We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yelling out a car window...


For a while I have considered shutting down this blog. I didn't think a whole lot of people were still reading it. Isaac is home now, he's not in the hospital right now... RWI is well on it's way with it's own website... Life is busy, constantly changing.

I have been on the grandest adventure for almost 3 years now and it's not slowing down. But with everything going on in my life, updating this blog has been hard to keep up with... so I was going to close it down, but then something happened that changed my mind completely... A woman yelled out her window at me...

On Monday as Isaac and I were walking to our car we were crossing the street and a woman sitting at the light stuck her head out her car window and said, "I just wanted to say hello!" "I read your blog. That's Isaac right?" This has happened to me before. Many times in fact, but this was the first time someone literally stuck their head out the window in order give us a shout out...

It dawned on me that not only are there people out there reading this blog, there are also people still being touched by this blog. There are people being inspired by this insane life that I live. The woman sitting in that car, just adopted a beautiful little girl from Ethiopia... she's a single mama like I was. I spent hours reading her story. She is as much an inspiration to me as I hope I have been to her.

So thank you... thank you for shouting out your window on Monday.

13 comments:

janaARIES said...

I have to say something here too! I don't think I've ever commented, but I've enjoyed reading your journey and keeping up to date on your work with RWI. I hope you'll keep blogging.

Corrie said...

can you hear me shouting from Canada? Please don't shut your blog down...I enjoy reading all your sporadic updates!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker as well, but I do love reading your blog! I think you are a strong, wonderful person who has a strong, wonderful family. Good luck with things, and I'm glad I'll be able to keep reading about you, your family, and your efforts to help the world!

Anonymous said...

I am reading! I love love love reading your updates!

Laura
www.littlehoffman.blogspot.com

Simi said...

I'm a confessed lurker too, reading by RSS feed, but always super pleasantly surprised when a new entry pops up. Keep blogging! I bet there are more of us out there than you'll ever know, all being inspired.

Robynhood said...

I can just imagine Laura yelling out the window to you. She is a freind of mine and I have been reading her blog and yours for ages. I too am a single adoptive mom of a baby. Keep writing, we are all out here listening... :)

blessedfamily said...

I'm here! I'm here! I check your blog every so many days for updates, particularly since you've gotten engaged ;). Keep writing! Never know who's reading.

Jodi said...

I've read your blog since I think before you got Isaac and love it. My husband has even asked you college questions. :) I enjoy reading your blog. I would love it even if you just keep up updated every so often if you don't have time. It's great to hear how your family is doing.

Marianne said...

I'm still reading and am so happy that life is going so well for you. I've loved reading your blog since before Isaac came home.

Joy said...

Yup. I'm still reading too.

Joy said...

Yup, I'm still reading too. :)

Selina said...

Jocelyn,

You may not remember me but I was in Liberia with you when you came to meet Issac for the first time. We arrived at the same time to bring home our daughter Kenzie and spent many a day at the orphanage wathcing the kids drum and sittong on the beach with Big Paye. Your blog came up after doing some searching for something and I just wanted to say how wonderful everything sounds and how great Issac looks. Kenzie is now 4 (cant believe it) and we have adopted another little girl (Nahla who is 3) from Sierra Leone and also gave birth to a baby bot last summer... so its busy in our house. Anyway, great to see life is good. Take care. Selina

Jocelyn said...

Selina,

I lost your contact info a while ago, and I have been hoping to hear from you, because I was wondering how you are all doing. Isaac still wears the t-shirt you and your mum gave him on that trip. Congrats on the huge family! That is so wonderful. What is your email??? I would LOVE to email you and catch up...

Mine is storitelr@yahoo.com

I hope you hear from you soon.

Cheers!