
So in 4 days I will hopefully board a plane and head back to Haiti with my sister Kirstin. I say hopefully because I have already had a flight cancelled, cancelled a second flight, and completely changed airlines and booked a third flight.
Today I finished editing on my latest show for Bravo, in another week I will be back from Haiti and starting on my next show for Discovery, and then in July I will be moving back to Philadelphia to take up my new position running the editing department at a major university in Philadelphia (which will be named once all the contracts are signed ;)!!!
The teaching job is something I have always wanted to do, but something I hadn't had the chance to pursue. Then one afternoon my fiance Steve and I were chatting about where we wanted to settle and the idea of me taking up a teaching position came up (since quality editing jobs are hard to come by here in Philly).
It sparked my interest and I sent out my resume and credentials to every major school in Pennsylvania with a Film/TV department. I got calls from 5 of those schools. My top choice was one of those schools, and after two interviews they asked me if I would like to do more than just teach. I jumped. Opportunities like this come once in a life time.
The brilliant thing is I'll be able to go back to school for free at a University that is ranked in the top 100 Universities in the World by US News and the Princeton Review. Not only that I will be a member of their esteemed world class faculty... I have to pinch myself now and again to believe it's all really happening.
Other than the slight job change (which I welcome with open arms) I am getting married on October 10, 2010. Steve and I found the perfect location and they happened to have a cool date available (10-10-10)! We booked it and now the planning has begun.
We are keeping it really small and intimate, only very close friends and family. It's hard. You pick a number let's say 65 and you have to stick to that number. You can't go over it. You have to be ruthless. It sucks!!! I am still 10 over my number and losing sleep over who will make the cut and who will get cut. I think Steve just rolled his eyes at me. He is taking all my crazy planning and scheming in strides... he just goes along with what I want, which is cute, but getting old... he needs to pick a caterer... That is his job!
But weddings must wait for now (leaving Steve another week to choose BBQ or classic wedding cuisine), because I have pregnant mums in Haiti waiting on birthing kits, field medical centers waiting on medicine, and two adorable Haitians waiting on 12 lbs of Costco's Instant Pancake mix (their favorite comfort food)!!!
I'll post once I get back... wish us luck!!!
1 comment:
hi,
i'm the crazy woman who shouted out the car window to you in downtown SS. how funny it was to recognize you from your blog!!
here's mine
www.tothemotherland.blogspot.com
Post a Comment