After the earthquake 200 families took up residence on my friend Vera's property and she has been providing for them ever since.
We will be bring water purification, food, basic medical care, hygiene kits, and birthing kits for expecting mothers, as well as, diapers, formula, and family size tents.
So far of the 200 families 50 have waterproof tents, the other 150 have been braving the rain under bed sheets and sticks. Our goal is to bring at least 25 tents, 100 hygiene kits, and 100 birthing kits.
So that is the Haiti trip. Pictures will of course be posted as soon as we get back!

In other news, Isaac will be getting his cast off in 2 weeks, and will have new braces for both his legs (camo colored of course)! He has been attending a new school here in Maryland called St. Michael's the Archangel. And leave it to an African teacher named Mrs. Okoro to get Isaac up to grade level in Math in less than 2 weeks, something his previous public school could not do in 5 months!
He hates going to Catholic school, yet it's been the best thing to happen to him school wise since coming to the US (and in truth I think he likes to pretend he hates it, but he loves it)!!!
On the job front, the priorities in my life have begun to shift a bit, and trying to find a way to make a living and have a family has been tough. I will be finishing my current show the first week in April, then I am off to Haiti. Then when I get back I will be starting my new show which will air on Discovery Health. That should take me till mid July.
After that the plan and goal is to move back to PA with Isaac. I have meeting with Drexel University and St. Joseph's University this month to discuss the possibility of becoming a professor in their TV/Film departments. I am so excited at the possibility of teaching. To be honest I like to talk about editing and teaching people how to edit, more than I like to actually edit!
I went and got my Master's for this very reason, and I am praying day and night that they will have a position for me, because I am ready to leave the insane lifestyle of post-production behind me.
Teaching will give me the opportunity to make almost as much money working part-time, allowing me to be home with my son and future husband more and pursue my other endeavors like Haiti and Africa.
So that is the latest. More to come on the jobs (meeting are on March 15th) Pray, Pray, Pray! And pictures and updates to come mid-April from the the trip!
1 comment:
wow... just read this. Missed the date to pray, sorry! How did it go? You would be so great at that, they would love you! Denise
Post a Comment