We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, New Life

So it's been a while since I updated and let's be honest, I sometimes forget this blog even exists. But I know that many of you look for updates so here goes...

Let's go back to November...

In November I was working in Maryland editing a show for Bravo called "The Real Housewives of New Jersery". It's a crazy fun show and the women are a bit nuts. All the more for your entertainment.

Isaac is staying in PA during the week with my mum so that he can stay in the same school and not change schools till the summer. He isn't too happy about the situation since all he wants is to be in MD with me, but he is being good about it.

Now on to December...

I was still working in MD on "RHWNJ". The show gets more fun and more crazy by the day. We are gearing up as a family for the holidays and for Isaac's foot surgery.

On Friday December 18th, 2009, Dr. Sankar at CHOP performed 4 different surgeries at the same time on Isaac's Right foot. There was a Tendon Transfer, Tendon Tightening, Tendon Loosening, and a bone wedge put into Isaac foot.

We spent one night in the hospital and then got to drive home in the middle of a blizzard.

This is Isaac before surgery a little doped on "Happy Juice"

This is Isaac in his temporary cast wishing Christmas would just come.

This is Isaac with Dr. Sankar on Christmas Eve right after Dr. Sankar had scrubbed out of surgery to cast Isaac's leg in the hallway outside the OR... Now that's devotion!


Christmas has come and gone. The new year have come and gone as well. I am still blissfully engaged to the best man on the planet. He's like Superman. We're getting married in 2010, though we haven't really set a date just yet! We are sort of flying by the seat of our pants. One day you will check this blog and BAM there will be wedding photos!!!

Isaac will be casted for another month and then we will see how much the surgery helped. It looks like he will still be in braces on both feet even after the surgery, but it's all good. The surgery was a huge need and we are so blessed that Dr. Sankar was in Philly to do it for us.

Other than that it's a New Year and I like to think of each year as a New Life. Steve is transfering his job to Maryland so he will soon be here with me and then Isaac in the summer. It's amazing how God can take random people from completely different walks of life, from all over the world and make us a family.

I was so blessed in 2009. I was blessed beyond belief, and I can't wait to see what God is up to in 2010!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you posted because I miss seeing that smiling little man!! Praying the surgery was a huge success!!

molly said...

So glad to see you've posted! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Praying for those in Haiti. Have you heard any word?

Jocelyn said...

I have only heard from our friends that run an adoption group and a women's compound. They are all safe (so are the children) but they had a lot of damage to their homes.

We are still waiting to hear from our translator Wilgo and his family. We are really worried about them since we have had no luck contacting them!